Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bottle Labels

I am off work for a few days this week enjoying a spring break "staycation". Greg and I investigated taking a tropical minitrip this week but with every co-ed in the nation on spring break the possible destinations were either overpriced or filled with said co-eds. No thanks! I am instead relaxing at home and getting a few projects done that I enjoy. Yesterday I made these bottle labels. We are still loving our soda machine and have 6 bottles in rotation pretty much all the time. The problem is the bottles all look the same. We have been using rubberbands to mark the sodas that are caffeine-free but other than that you have to go by your nose to tell if the contents are Dr. Pepper or Diet Cola, caffeine free cola or root beer. So I decided to make these bottle labels out of shrinky dinks. Unfortunately the printer didn't do a very good job of printing onto the shrink platic and they came out looking a little odd. But no mind, they still serve their purpose. I can slip them on and off of bottles as we choose to make different sodas or seltzers and becuase they are made of shrink plastic they can get wet. I am so happy to cross this off my list of projects I have been meaning to complete!

1 comments:

Diane Howard said...

Very cute. I'm surprised you didn't just use some of your cute handwriting. They are cute nonetheless.