Our little anniversary was really nice. We had a lovely dinner filled with delicious food (at
Gobo) and lots of great conversation remembering the past and talking about our future. We decided in the end to skip bowling because it was already 11pm by the time we finished our meal and we still had about an hour of travel time just to get home. Plus, there was no reason to shell out all that money at
Bowlmor when we could use my gift to Greg for free! For our anniversary I got Greg a Nintendo Wii. He had been eyeing it for a long time and I figured since I leave him home alone so much these days while I am in class or studying at work he would put it to good use. So this weekend we spent a lot of time playing with our new video game system. Like most boys Greg got really into the Wii sports disk and did so much boxing and Tennis that his little arms were sore all weekend. Here he is playing head to head tennis with our downstairs neighbor Corey.

I have to say the Wii is great for group socializing. We had Corey and Marie up from the basement for several hours of tennis and bowling.

Yep, that top score is me! Much better than I would have done at Bowlmor! The cool think about the Wii is we can hook it up to our wireless internet and surf the web using our TV as well as download games directly to the box. I of course opted to download classic games I loved from the original Nintendo system (lots of Super Mario!). Greg researched new games online we wants to buy and I am going to see if I can get them used at the video game store near my work.

Here is Greg relaxing on the couch playing pinball. We love to Wii!
1 comments:
Good bye housework.... Hello Wii... Hope you all don't become addicted. Is there a physical syndrome for Wii? Tennis elbow/thumb??? The dance program could be fun and a way to burn some calories. Looks like fun. All my students have them.
Post a Comment