Thursday, June 10, 2010

Charlie's Nametag

Since everything that goes to nursery school is supposed to be labeled with Vivi's name I decided to label Charlie #2 when we sent him to school. It was super easy to do.

I decided a heart on the rump would be appropriate so I dug out some red felt from my stash. I cut it into a heart shape and then used 2 strands of white embroidery floss to stitch Vivi's name into the heart hiding all the tails on the back. Then I used red floss and a whip stitch to secure the heart to Charlie. His long fur made it really easy because it hid any flaws so I didn't have to make it super perfect.
I went back with the needle and pulled out any fur that had been pulled down by the stitches. That also helped fluff up the fur to hid the stitches.Voila! Off he went to school to keep her company during naps in her crib. The teachers told us that it was great to have Charlie there because they can lay her down, put the cheetah in her arms and she just turns to nuzzle him and falls asleep. That is what she does at home so I knew he would be a good addition to her school gear. This is a great way to give a store bought item a homemade feel.

1 comments:

Tiffani P said...

When I have a kid, can you just send me one of these?!?! Its so sweet, I can't stand it.