Sunday, June 20, 2010
Reversible Pinafore
Another pattern I found online at Romeo and Mae was for a reversible pinafore dress. If the nap dress was easy, this dress was super duper simple. It is made with just one pattern piece! You cut out two pieces from 2 different fabrics. Sew all around the outside with right sides together leaving a small opening to turn the whole thing. Turn and iron then do a finishing stitch around the whole outside. Lastly you join the shoulder straps and you are done. Really easy and super cute. I made two of these.
The first one was this cute brown fabric with big flowers on it.
For the back I used a geometric fabric with brown lines. I love this photo of Vivi flashing us the underside of the dress. Such a cute expression on her face. The back of the dress criss crosses the body.
The second dress was also a floral pattern but with soft browns, oranges, and blues.
I backed that one with orange polka dots.
So cute an easy. Could be worn alone with a diaper cover when it gets really hot or with a union suit in the winter.
Labels:
sewing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment