Here are the stats:
- The May kit strikes again! All the papers in the May kit were double sided and one sheet had flowers on the front and this lovely red polka dot on the back which I thought would go nicely with a Christmas theme. I didn't have much left so it is just a thin strip at the top and a little thicker strip at the bottom.
- It is hard to see in the photo but under the letters PHO is a light green rub-on. It is the last rub-on that came with the kit.
- Photo corners of course!
- More of the chipboard letters from the kit for the title. I ended up really liking these and the green color was very appealing to me. I am now left with letters that really don't spell anything. I will have to think of something brilliant to do with the left-overs.
- The last spotted bookplate from the kit for the date.
- The layout design was from the BH sketch book.
Here are some close-ups for you:
Well, the May kit ended up being a real hit with me. I used about 90% of it I think which is good because the June kit is shipping out in about 10 or so days. I think a sneak peek will be posted today and I can't wait to see it. I think one of the reasons that I like this club so much (so far) is it has exposed me to products I probably wouldn't ever buy. I don't have a scrapbook store to shop at so I end up buying everything online and tend to stick to a few companies that I know I like. When you have a store to browse through and touch the stuff it is easier to find new things to try. On-line that aspect is missing. In the kits I have gotten SEI and Scenic Route papers which I really enjoyed but probably would never have ordered myself (I tend to buy KI only). And the same is true of a lot of the embellishments too.
I may never have tried chipboard without the kits to spur me on (I hear there is more in the June kit too!).
But most importantly the reason the kits have worked so well is I have forced myself to keep them out and use them right away instead of incorporating them in my stash or holding them aside because they are so "perfect".
I ordered photo prints for the 2004-2005 album so I can start it soon. I did have a couple photos left over that didn't make it onto this layout but I really want to use them so I am thinking of doing another layout with just those 2 photos. Maybe an anniversary one or more of a "feelings" type page and less of an "events" type page. I don't normally go for that but it is never too late to give it a try!
1 comments:
I loved the picture that you sent that year, but I also like the one of you and greg kissing - that woudl have been fun to get in the mail.
Post a Comment