Happy Friday! Here is a photo depicting a common sight in our house over the last year. Greg studying. Well....No more homework, no more books, no more teacher's dirty looks!
Greg finished his class last week but he found out this week that he got an A- in said class. Good job honey! He isn't taking any courses over the summer but will continue his thesis research over the next couple months. This marks the end of a successful first year of graduate school for Greg. This last semester had its trials but overall things have been going well. Hopefully just one more year of part time study and he will be done.
On the garden front:
I have been trying to weed a little each night in hopes of staying on top of it. The transplants seems to be holding their own. We may have lost a couple little lettuce plants but everything else looks good. We have had a quick rain storm almost every night this week (with thunder and lightning) so I have only had to water the garden one time. That makes my job super easy. We will probably get out there this weekend and do some more minor things. We still have some herbs to plant so we need to figure out where to put them.
On the scrapbooking front:
I began another layout this morning using those 2 leftover photos. I think it will be a layout about our 10-year anniversary of our first date which occurred in 2004. I am sort of doing it in Jennifer McGuire style (if you get CK magazine and know who that is). She did some pregnancy pages that have inspired this layout.
I also got out a box of photos from our cross country car trip when we bought our current car from my Dad in Seattle and drove it out to NYC. I am going to put the trip into its own album and last night I got out the photos and memorabilia from the trip to sort into piles and started reminiscing about the trip. I forgot visiting the world's smallest chapel in Minnesota, or the world's largest Jolly Green Giant statue in Minnesota, actually I forgot ever visiting Minnesota. So now I am excited to work on that mini-book before beginning 2004-2005. This weekend Greg and I are going to figure out the timeline and see what memories we can remember from the trip since I didn't find a journal so apparently I didn't keep track of the details. It was a great trip full of suprises so look for layouts in the coming weeks. It should go quickly since it will be a theme book and all the paper and embellishments will be the same.
Have a great weekend!
0 comments:
Post a Comment