The rain stopped for a little while this weekend but the garden didn't get a chance to fully dry so we didn't do any weeding. They are predicting a chance of rain everyday for the next 4 days but I am hoping for a little sun. Our little plants are so water logged and desperate for a little photosynthesis! Greg got out the hose on Sunday and sprayed down and cleaned our deck. I can't believe how great it looks now. We also did some house cleaning and made a run to the grocery store to stock up on meal stuff. It always feels so good to have a clean house and stocked pantry!
Friday turned out to be a great day for scrapbooking. I made serious headway on the road trip album. I will post the layouts over the next few days. I would really like to get this album done before my next scrapbook kit comes in the mail and it is scheduled to ship on the 15th so I have a solid week to work. But wait, my in-laws are coming on Thursday so that will probably slow me down. I will do my best.

The stats for this album are pretty simple. The paper is KI Memories, the Journey collection and includes matching die cuts which I am trying to use up. It is an older line but the colors are so great for this project. I don't have a ton of this paper so I may throw in some of another line that is similar but more blue/green heavy. I am using my new Quickutz alphabet for many of the layouts and am trying to use up some of the embellishments from the kits (to make way for new stuff) and so far so good. I am also using a single font for the whole book to tie the journaling all together. The star rub-ons are actually velvet and really fun to use. I figure this book is about the USA so stars fit right in! I have also sprinkled in photo corners, ribbon, metal letters, and brads in these 3 layouts.
Katie: If you click these photos they will enlarge! Your dream come true!
More tomorrow!
0 comments:
Post a Comment