Thursday, April 19, 2007
The sign of the times
My latest project involves admitting that the digital age it here. My new favorite thing to do while I scrapbook is to watch DVDs on the computer which sits next to my scrap table. Unfortunately some of my favorite scrapbooking movies I only have on VHS (like Working Girl). I was on Amazon.com the other day ordering a DVD for Greg when I decided it was time to make the switch. I ordered DVD versions of all my favorite VHS movies. Well, all my VHS movies were my favorite so I ended up ordering a lot of DVDs! I also took the opportunity to get some other movies I always wanted to have copies of. The video cabinet which was filled to the gills suddenly has lots of extra room now that it is stocked with slim DVD cases.
We sent most of the VHS to work with Greg. They have VCRs in the patient rooms in the clinic and were really excited for some new movies (the nurses watch videos when things are slow, shhhh). Now, I am the first to admit that my video collection is 99% chick flicks and 85% from the 1980s and 100% movies I have seen 10+ times. When I scrapbook I can only play movies I have seen 100x because otherwise I will become distracted and actually watch the movie instead of scrapping. If I have seen it a 100x I can just listen and glance occasionally and still know what is going on. It is a system that has worked for me for years now.
Labels:
Misc
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I do the same when I do my house cleaning chores!! It helps the chores seem less dreadful.
This is why I LOVE Mary Tyler Moore! Do you have the original Parent Trap? Or maybe that one of MY favorite movies since I wanted to BE Hayley Mills when I was a teen-ager. Love you!
So fun! I just bought Shag and Say Anything on DVD! :) Hooray! There is something to be said for the space saving-ness of DVD's.
p.s. the Odd Couple just came out on DVD and I actually thought about buying it!! I don't know... I just remember that it was funny.
Post a Comment