Friday afternoon I arrived in Portland and we started my trip off with a trip to the kids barber to get William (2 years old) a haircut. He was such a good boy and looked so grown up with his short tidy locks. The hair place is right next to a fire house so we walked over there to let William see the fire trucks. He is WAY into fire trucks. I can't even describe his reaction to the trucks. It is like he becomes possessed and can only squeal and point and jump around. It was adorable! We were there a couple hours and the firemen were so nice to humor him and show him all the trucks and let him sit in them and try on boots and hats and all kinds of stuff. There are lots of great photos of that. One of the firemen gave me a tour of the fire house and even offered to let me slide down the pole (which I declined!).
I got to hold baby Eileen the entire time we were there so mom could take photos which was fun. She is such a sweet little baby and she smelled so good. I nibbled on her the entire time I was there. DELICIOUS!!
The next day we took the kids to the Children's museum in Augusta where Karen lives. It is the state capital and her house is very close to the capital building as a matter of fact. William had a great time playing with all the exhibits and so did I. Eileen slept happily in her sling the entire time. That evening was a yummy meal and lots of lounging around with the kids. I am a home body so that kind of evening is right up my alley. It was fun hanging out with Karen for girl talk and filling her in on all the office happenings since she has been away.

On Sunday went apple picking (William got to ride a in a tractor trailer with daddy. He likes all kinds of machines.). Then Karen and I went shopping for dinner stuff and some containers to do an organizing project. We had lots of fun with the kids at the store. Then it was home for homemade pizzas which William and I put together (he is a good chef!) and then Karen and I stayed up until 2am reorganizing her bathroom, putting up curtains and reorganizing some shelves in her entryway. I wish I had taken before and after photos because both projects turned out so great. Her bathroom is so adorable now and the entry is so much cleaner and finished looking with matching bins and tidy shelves. It was lots of fun and got me revved up for my own organizational projects at home.

I left the next morning. Overall I had a fantastic time and really wish I had stayed longer. Thanks to Karen and Allen for showing me a good time and letting me love on their kids. It was fun to be goofy for 3 days with William but boy was I exhausted by the time I got home. I have a new appreciation for moms.
0 comments:
Post a Comment