I managed to finish another project last week for my office/studio. I took all the lessons learned when making the shade for my kitchen and created a roman shade for our office window. We now have some type of window treatment on all windows in the apartment but this is by far my favorite. Here is the window before:
The window didn't have a rod left over from previous tenants so I did the total Ghetto-trash thing and opened the window, stuck a piece of fabric out and closed the top back up. 

For this shade I went with a black and white Damask pattern. I thought the Damask would go well with the stripes already in the room. I had to line this fabric (the red fabric in the kitchen was pre-lined) and I went with a stiff craft iron-on lining. It made it a lot easier to keep everything square and makes the folds really crisp. 

I was going to use dowels to create the folds but though the stiffness would prevent me from needed them. It didn't. I wish I had used the dowel method since the shade still needs to be adjusted when it is up.

I was also going to add some yellow ribbon to the shade to help it tie in better to the yellow room but changed my mind at the last minute. That and I forgot to buy yellow thread. No matter, I am still happy with it. Thanks for looking. More office/studio projects coming soon.
1 comments:
I LOVE it!! It is a great splash of contrast to the yellow stripes. Great idea!
Post a Comment