Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ouch!

Last night coming home late from studying at work I fell down the stairs of the subway. Well, fell DOWN is probably not the right way to put it since it implies actually moving down the staircase. I sort of fell ON the stairs. They were covered in subway slime/grease and my feet just flew out from under me. I was holding on to the rail but it didn't really help because it happened so fast I couldn't even react, I was just on my back. Fortunately I mostly landed on my still ample arse. Unfortunately the stairs are metal so my arse hurts today and I have one big purple bruise so far (no photos today, lucky for you). Also unfortunate was that there were witnesses, kind ones who asked if I was OK but witnesses just the same which was slightly humiliating. I am very thankful I didn't hit my head at all or my back very much and also very thankful that my computer wasn't in the bag slung across my back because I am pretty sure I would have smashed it.

The incident definitely put a damper on my evening and I am feeling it all over my jolted body today but all in all I am thankful it wasn't more serious!

3 comments:

Tiffani P said...

Oh Alexis - how I appreciate you!! I hope both your pride and your rear feel better soon!
A very similar thing happened to me right after I started working at Greenville - my foot slipped out from under me and I landed full force on one part of my upper thigh... The stairs were wood/metal and the building was a remodeled warehouse, so any noise was made even louder... it sounded like the entire stairwell had collapsed. I was so embarrassed - and later developed a huge purple bruise (it looked like I got kicked by a horse)....
I totally relate to your experience! It will be a funny story later, though. :)

Diane Howard said...

Oh, be careful. I don't want anything to happen to you. Don't be surprised if your tailbone hurts later. I slipped on the ice in December and the pain still flares up occasionally. Other than a funny pillow and anti-inflamatory medicine (aka ibuprofen) there nothing that can help. Love you and praise God it wasn't more serious.

Meghann McFadden said...

Well, first and foremost I would like to introduce myself. My name is Meghann and I live in Tennessee. I found your blog several months ago in a very round about manner. I was reading one of my friend's blogs and kept jumping from one of her friends to another and to another and finally stumbled on yours. I have enjoyed reading about your life, and hope you don't mind that I am sneaking a peek at your life. :)

Second, I am an education major and I am taking a technology class. For this class we had to set up a blog specifically for our class and do several different assignments. One of those was to learn why commenting is important in the blogging world and we have to leave a comment on a blog we follow.

So, that explains this post.

As far as your blog is concerned: I am sorry to hear you fell, but I am happy you survived with minimal injuries. I fell in my living room this past Wednesday and sprained my ankle. It was not fun. I have still on crutches!!

I enjoy seeing the different crafts you make and look forward to seeing more.