For Vivi's room I really wanted to make a colorful bunting to hang on the bookcase. I have seen lots of them online and thought I would give it a try. It was a very easy project.
First I made a template out of thin cardboard taking into consideration seam allowance. Then I traced the pattern onto my fabrics with pencil and cut them all out.
Next I sewed up the 2 long angled sides leaving the top open.
I clipped the points and turned the flags inside out and pressed them with the iron. I did a zigzag stitch along the tops just to keep them from fraying.Once I decided what order they should be in I did the easiest possible thing and took a piece of wide green ribbon, folded it over the tops of the flags and zigzag stitched leaving about an inch between each flag. I made sure to leave long tails on each end for hanging. All done!
I used some tiny 3M hooks on the bookcase to hook the ribbons on each side. It turned out really cute and was super easy. I have thought about making another one that says "Happy Birthday" to hang up each year on her birthday. I have also considered doing rounded flags instead of pointed ones but I think that it would still be really easy. Give this one a try some time!
1 comments:
I have thought about making this too. I just don't have any scraps anymore since cleaning out the craft room.
Post a Comment