Friday, June 18, 2010

Ruffle pants

The same people who made the nap dress pattern also made some really cute pants with ruffles at the ankles. I couldn't resist making a pair. They were a little trickier than the dress but still pretty easy.

I found this fun floral green fabric at Joann's that I was excited to use. It is almost like a Hawaiian print. They turned out really great but they were a little too big. Since the nap dress had run a little small I had started with 6-9 month size. Now that hasn't stopped me from putting them on her several times already but they do look almost like a skirt they are so big. Since they were so easy to make I figured I would just whip up a second smaller pair. This time I not only made them smaller I also had to make them shorter since I didn't have as much fabric to work with. These are more like cropped pants. They are from the same fabric I used in the first nap dress. She can wear them with the dress or on their own.

Sewing baby pants is fun!

1 comments:

Diane Howard said...

Very cute! Looks like you are getting a little more free time.