Last year for my new years resolutions I decided
not to resolve to do something I knew I would never be able to stick with (like exercise more, lose weight, etc) so instead I decided to resolve to learn something new. I chose to learn how to knit and actually did it! It worked so well last year I decided to give it another try, so this year I resolved to use up all the scrapbook supplies that I have been hoarding. I resolving to scrap 52 layouts this year. One per week. I wanted to do it in baby steps too. One layout a week is a lot less pressure than "get caught up on all photos" and I wanted to encourage myself to do a little each day toward a completed layout rather than have these marathon weekends like I have in the past. So far so good. I made this little sign to keep me motivated:
So far I have done 10 layouts and I am only 5.5 weeks into the new year! Last night I got home late and didn't really have time to do any real scrapbook work but instead of just giving up I decided to spend 5 minutes picking out the photos I wanted to do next and just think about a color scheme. I didn't finish anything but at least it is a baby step toward my goal for this week and one baby step closer than I was the day before!
Here are some layouts I have done so far this year:




These layouts all come from the Becky Higgins sketch book and some are direct scraplifts of her examples in the book. I can't help it, I love her style! Look for updates on my scrapbooking adventures.
2 comments:
this looks all very professional dear, much better than when I did my blog. I love you
greg
greg has a blog too? i'm sorry, i'm one of the people that updates their blog seldom - but I guess you get my prayer requests, so you know more than most.
but i appreciate the chastisement, and I will try to update more often - i just don't have that much going on. :)
Post a Comment