Tuesday, February 21, 2006

President's Day Weekend

I know it was Presidents Day weekend but I am going to post photos from Valentine's Day instead (mainly because we did nothing "presidential" this last weekend worth photographing!).

Here are the little heart-shaped pizzas we made. They were so cute and SO yummy. We actually ate them for 2 days because we had so much stuff left over. We also enjoyed a bottle of sparkling wine we picked up on our last trip out to the North Fork of Long Island to taste NY wines. The sparkling wine was from Old Field, our new favorite winery.












Over the weekend we pretty much just hung out in the house. Our schedules during the week have been so hectic lately that on the weekend we just love to putter around the house and be together. I of course scrapbooked and did some projects around the house and Greg worked on his tape project (more on that later). It has been really cold here in NYC; they keep using the word "arctic". I don't know if it's that cold but the house was definitely chilly this weekend. In an effort to save money (which in turn keeps our rent low) we have been leaving the heat alone at 70 degrees. Now it usually only registers 68 on the thermometer and that is COLD in my book. Plus the livingroom is really drafty. It has been really hard for me to leave the heat alone but I am doing my best. I bought these fingerless gloves in Brooklyn earlier this winter and I sure have been using them often. I have been trying to wear something warm and cozy instead of playing with the heat and scrapbooking has actually helped believe it or not. I have my scrapbook area set up in the hallway and that part of the house is naturally warmer than the livingroom. So I put on my gloves and a sweater and work to stay warm! I just wish spring would hurry up and come!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pizzas look yummy! How about the recipe?