Friday, February 24, 2006

Scrap Space

I was just online the other day and someone posted photos of her newly reorganized and redecorated scrapbook room. The place looked like a scrapbook store!!!! It took her 12 photos to show all of her set up! Then yesterday in my 2 peas garden newletter they showcased a garden girls beautiful new scraproom with custom built furnature and storage. Yikes, it was gorgeous. Well those types of posts really make me laugh when I compare them to my space.


Yep, right now I work in the hallway. I put up a small card table next to the computer table in the hallway between the kitchen and living room. Yes, this is where the magic happens, on a table that is 3 feet wide by 1.5 feet deep! It really forces me to clean-up between layouts. I do spread out to the floor when I am work but I have room for one 2 page layout (see cape cod in progress on the table!), my scrapbook light, my little trash bag, my tape and my books. I use the computer a lot for my layouts so it is handy to have it right next to me (if I can get Greg off it for a few minutes) and right now my 12x12 cardstock is at my feet. Before you feel too sorry for me I do have a large bookshelf positioned directly behind me that stores all of my supplies (and I have a lot of stuff!) including all my patterned paper and smaller cardstock, all my photos, albums, and tools.
But really, the little table is where it happens! And let me tell you, I fill up the hallway. Greg and I are always trying to slip past one another to get something from the kitchen or get to the livingroom and there isn't much space when we are working in our hallway! Oh NYC apartment living! The funny thing is, the hall is our favorite part of our apartment! In our old place we had no hallways! This is luxury for us! The best part is I can leave my table set-up in the hall all the time. I used to move ALL my stuff into the living room for marathon scrapbooking weekend and then have to move it back. And then I wouldn't work on anything until I had time to start over and do another marathon session. Now my table is up all the time and out of the way and I can work a little at a time ANY time! I have had larger spaces in the past but this set-up is working for me better than all those larger spaces. Everything is right there, I don't even have to stand up to get what I need. I just turn around and there it is at my finger tips. And with my baby step mentatlity these days I don't need room to spread out multiple layouts and I rarely work on more than one type of project at once. I am currently working on layout 17 toward my 52 layout goal!!!! My space must be doing something right!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of paper cutter do you use? Are you still using the Fiskars?

Tiffani P said...

Its great that you are getting so far ahead on your goal!! You are ahead by almost 10 layouts (if we measure the goal of "1 per week").

Keep it up Alexis!!! I enjoy reading your blog. :) Love, Tiff