I bought a Heide Swapp chipboard frame kit at Target and thought I would give it a go on this layout. I am not super happy with it since it really isn't my style but my new motto for 2006 is "just run with it". Instead of getting bogged down in my perfectionism I just plowed ahead. Who cares if it isn't perfect and didn't turn out the way I hoped. IT'S DONE!!!! Anyway, it was my first time using chipboard. This layout is of our 2nd anniversary. Something you should know about my albums, they run from Aug to July instead of Jan to Dec. I know it is strange for a chronological album but that is how I started scrapping them and now I am stuck with it. My first album started the day after the wedding so instead of following the calendar they follow our life together (aw, how romantic OR how sickeningly sweet!). So this was the last layout for the book! I was so excited to be done with another year.......then I was laying in bed and realized I forgot one layout.
That's right I needed a title page. This one was super simple and understated. I used some old MM perspectives I bought years ago and did some fancy font work, added some rub ons, some ribbon and a couple photo corners and called it a day. NOW THE BOOK WAS DONE!!!!! Yippie! I really feel like I made some progress. I spent part of the day ordering the layouts by date and putting them into the album. At this point I wanted to make sure I didn't forget anything so I checked all my online photo places as well as my computer to make sure there weren't some photos that I never had printed. We didn't have a digital camera in 2002-2003 so there was nothing missing. I did take a few hours on-line to re-organize all my online albums at snapfish and shutterfly and realized there were a lot of photos for 2003-2004 that I had never had printed so I placed an order. It felt good to get those accounts cleaned up. I also cleaned up my space and prepared to start the next album.
Here is my first layout for the new book. Thanksgiving AGAIN!!! I am sure you are wondering about the colors, brown and purple!? We had a funny thing happen where Greg and I were supposed to bring disposable plates and everyone preferred the heavy duty plastic ones so we went to the store and all the normal colors were gone! Well when you live in NYC and getting to the store that sells the plates took you 2 subway transfers and 45 min you don't just go to another store. You buy the least ugly ones and in this case it was purple. John (our host) was not daunted by the color choice and worked his magic to make the table decorations coordinate. That is why I went with purple! Again this layout is a BH sketch. Her books are really helping me power through these photos by not getting bogged down in trying to come up with design ideas. I also got half of a cape cod trip scrapped, more on that later.
0 comments:
Post a Comment