Friday, March 10, 2006

Congratulations!

Well I found out this morning that my dear friend Katie is going to be a mommy this fall!

CONGRATULATIONS KATIE!!!

You know when you spill the beans to a blogger you will be blogged! But don't worry, no one but you and my mom (and tiff!) actually read this thing. I am so excited for you and would love to be right there with you but Greg made me promise not to get pregnant during his thesis work (or his head would explode and you know I hate to clean!). I stumbled across a new magazine yesterday called Mothering Magazine. You should check it out. It has lots of info in there that is a little less mainstream and not corporate driven. I spent over an hour yesterday reading about the circumcision issue on their site. Why you ask? Because I like to waste as much time on things that don't apply to me as possible. Plus I got into a discussion about it with a co-worker and so I guess the topic was still on my mind when I stumbled across it. Anyway, congratulations and keep me up to date on your situation. Also, don't worry about the trailer issue! It is only when your trailer is in a park that the line has been crossed!

Well today I was going to post the quotes I decided to use for the Mother's Day Explosion Book so this turns out to be a very appropriate time to do it. I had room for 5 quotes and here they are:

"No gift to your mother can ever equal her gift to you - Life."

"God made you my mother; love made you my friend."

"MOM is WOW upside down."

"Mothering is a work of heart."

"A mother holds your hand for awhile and your heart forever."

Obviously I had to keep them short so they would fit in a 2" triangle. Last night I got all the paper work done. The quotes are in and the colors are set. I just have to decide on embellishments and make the cover and it will be done. I expect to have it completed by Sunday and will count it as layout 19. Then I will show it to the BSF ladies and see how many want to sign up for the class. I will probably charge $2-3 to cover my cost which has been minimal so far. I have actually been cutting some things out in 10s as I go so that I won't have to do it later. I don't anticipate more than 9 people showing up. The class is only open to Children's Leaders anyway and there are only 10 of us total.

Have a happy Friday!!

1 comments:

Tiffani P said...

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO So exciting to hear about Katie - please give her my love and congrats and tell her I miss her A LOT! Sometimes I think about you two and our fun times together. You girls always (even in memorium) make me laugh!

That book turned out great, Alexis! I need to just get myself together and do one - maybe I'll do a little group deal here!! :)

Thanks for the ideas!!
Tiffani