Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Scrapbook Update

Well, I returned home last night to find out that there was a problem with the boiler and we had no heat in the building! It was 64 degrees in the house at sundown and yikes, it got a lot colder as the evening went on because we had high winds and low temps last night. I was forced to bake Greg cookies for warmth! (Maybe HE sabotaged the boiler!?) The landlord responded right away but couldn't get anyone to come out and look at it until today. It's funny because I slept SOOOO well last night. Our bedroom is usually way too hot because we are right above the boiler room and last night the room was so much cooler I think it helped me sleep better. Unfortunately though, it is hard to get up in the morning when the room is so cold!

So, I got the photos in the explosion book and got it photographed. Without further ado:

I am so very pleased with this little book! It turned out even better than the little one I made for Tiffani because I added all the little embellishments. There are photo corners at the beginning and end, paper flowers on the cover and inside, a metal flower, a tiny metal rimmed tag on the cover, and several snippets of ribbon. I especially love the way the ribbon pokes out the sides when the book is closed. I am giving this one to Greg's mom for Mother's day so I put pictures of Greg as a baby, a boy, and a man and had a place for him to write a note to his mom. She doesn't do "the computer" so the surprise won't be ruined. The only thing I will change for the class is I will use a thinner ribbon to tie their books closed. The only white ribbon I had at home was pretty wide and hard to tie around such a small book (2"x2"). If you would like to make a book like this you can find the instructions here. There is a link to the PDF instructions. I just scaled it down to the size I wanted.

0 comments: