I know everyone likes to complain about their taxes but let me cheer you up a little bit by showing why YOU are lucky you only pay the tax you do. Here in the Big Apple we pay:
FEDERAL TAX
STATE TAX
CITY TAX
and almost 9% SALES TAX
That is right, 4 kinds of tax!!!!! I have no idea why we put up with this but we do. I have been feeling a little blah this week. Perhaps because it is so cold and it snowed AGAIN yesterday and I am just really ready for winter to be over, I don't know. So I decided to send myself deeper into a funk by doing my taxes yesterday. Well, I am giddy with excitement because we are getting a refund! Yes, a refund! And it is a big one. We were actually able to itemize deductions this year despite our lack of a house or a baby. I never thought it could happen to me!!! Now we can get the yacht I always dreamed of! Oh wait, it isn't free money, it is our hard earned money the government has been hoarding from us interest free. I guess I shouldn't blow it on a boat. Oh well.
Well, it brightened my day none the less. If you don't hear from me after this it is because I grossly misinterpreted the idiot promps on TurboTax and have been thrown into IRS jail because I actually owed gobs of money. Or because I took my refund and decided to fly someplace where the weather guy doesn't get excited when he says it is going to be a warm 34 degrees today!
Happy tax preparations!
Friday, March 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment