Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Scrapbook Update

This is the first week in 2006 when I didn't quite meet my goal. By the time the weekend rolled around I had not done one single thing toward a new layout. Yikes! On Saturday I was gone most of the day to a craft party where I taught a bunch of BSF ladies how to knit and then in the evening we had John and Aimee over for dinner and a movie. (I also had another migraine on Saturday which I am still trying to figure out, my second in 2 weeks! HMMMM). So Sunday I sat down to work but didn't finish the page until Monday night after BSF.

When I mentioned that I wouldn't meet my goal everyone said, "but you're ahead of schedule!". Well I can't use that as an excuse because I know me very well and before I know it I will be behind because I kept telling myself that I was so far ahead! I am trying to focus on the present weekly goal and not the past accomplishments or mistakes (good strategy for all types of goals!). So I plowed ahead and tried to keep it simple. Here is what I came up with for a layout featuring a trip to Olana (A historic house in the Hudson River Valley).
Embellishments include patterned paper and letter stickers. Not really fancy but done. Nice clean lines which I really like but I do want to use up my hoarded supplies and this layout didn't help much. Layout 18.

The BSF ladies have asked me to teach a class on making explosion albums (like the one I made you Tiff). I taught a class on it before to 9 woman and had a lot of fun. It will help me use up some of my backlog of supplies too since I will use a lot of paper and embellishments for the class. It should be fun. So my next layout may be a sample explosion book for the class.

2 comments:

Tiffani P said...

I LOVE the explosion book - its one of my favorite things. I have it in my special display case in my bedroom and sometimes I take it out and open it up and smile. :) Love you! Tiff
p.s. did I tell you Larina's getting married?

Alexis Cruikshank said...

Tiff

I am so glad you like the book. I had so much fun making it and reminiscing! And no, you didn't tell me about Larina but I read it on your blog! and passed the info on to some of her old highschool friends. It is very exciting! And thanks for being such a faithful blogger! -alexis