Too many necklaces (my favorite thing to collect) all laid on top hiding the rings and ear rings below and an over stuffed bracelet holder. Not to mention the other pieces that were to bulky to fit in the box at all and are strewn all over the bedroom.Well, I began drooling over the beautiful and roomy leather jewelry boxes at Hold Everything over a year ago. They are so expensive I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much money on a box! Well recently they were having a sale on jewelry boxes. So I went in and picked out the box I wanted (well the one I could afford), a chocolate brown medium sized box. I walked it up to the counter in glee, so excited to finally get the box I had been drooling over. Sadly I was informed that the brown boxes were not on sale. Only the ugly green, neon pink, ugly red, and easily soiled white boxes were on sale (though I defy you to find a single sign in that store that suggested the brown boxes weren't included in the sale!). I was so mad I just walked away.
Refusing to give up I tried plan B and found the boxes I wanted on eBay. It took 2 auctions but I finally won one! That was on January 31st. There were some issues with the seller not shipping in a timely manner (my first time bidding on eBay and I have a problem!) and my box didn't arrive to the house until March 4th, in fact we had to drive to Queens to pick it up! But I am not complaining because I got some of my money back for my trouble. In the end I got the large size box (retail price $190) for $80. Still pretty pricey but I love it. When I open the lid I hear choirs singing. It is SOOOOO nice to see all my jewelry clearly, no jumbled mess, no hidden items, and I still have space to grow because the box is substantially bigger than the old one. Here is the after shot!
definitely worth the wait!
0 comments:
Post a Comment