It did rain for a good portion of the day but PRAISE THE LORD it stopped drizzling just as the play was beginning and then stayed dry the rest of the night (though overcast). We had garbage bags and towels ready just in case but didn't need them at all. I had also worried that the dinner was going to be too short and people would feel rushed but it was just perfect and we had a really nice time visiting with everyone. The buttons were a hit too!
I do want to highlight one gift I received. I am not talking about my new ipod either (thanks Greg and Cruikshanks). My mom made me a special "card" for my 30th birthday that I just loved and want to share since this is mostly a craft blog and this "card" is pretty crafty.

This is a card but also a mini-album. It is the very popular paper sack book (craft club idea!). Each page had tons of embellishments and little sayings and such but then there were these cards tucked in with photos that I just love!
I especially love the look on my dad's face and that crazy mustache! Oh the 70s! I love this "card" and I can't stop flipping through it at home. Thank you mom for it and all the work to make it. I love you guys!
Well with party fever and now spending all waking hours uploading songs to said ipod, I am a little behind on my scrapbooking for the week. I did manage to make 19 thank you cards so that should count for something I think. With all the rain, gardening is out so there is nothing to report there either. Last night we went and restocked the pantry with groceries and hopefully things will quiet down now.



1 comments:
It was my pleasure to make the booklet and TO HAVE YOU! Glad your birthday was fun, and sorry we couldn't be there. See you soon!
Post a Comment