Well the party has been planned and the evite went out today. A little last minute but at least it is done. This is the image I posted on the evite and am also going to use it to make some buttons for my guests to wear. I found this photo last night in a box of old stuff that needs to be scrapped. I just love the shocked look on my face! (Mom-do you remember this?) For any blog readers who are going to be in the area for my birthday and would like to join in here are the party details. Just email me and I will add you to the evite (for your RSVP).**************
Look who’s turning 30!
It’s my 30th birthday and I would love you to join me for a birthday extravaganza. It is actually a two part affair and you can join for one or both parts!
Part I: Nothing says Happy Birthday like Shakespeare’s savage thriller exploring the difference between a leader and a tyrant, Macbeth! I know what you’re thinking about the process of getting tickets, but my birthday happens to fall on the Bronx Borough Ticket Giveaway Day. I have gotten Shakespeare in the Part tickets for the last 3 years using this method and historically it is really easy (meaning no line at all). Check the website for all the info http://www.publictheater.org/ and click on Shakespeare in the park.
Here is the short version:
1-3 pm Saturday - Meet me in the Bronx to pick up a voucher for that night’s show. They are available at “The Point” arts center in Hunts Point (I can help with directions for those interested but it is right off the 6 train). They only allow two vouchers per person and I would get there early just in case. If there are people who are interested but can’t get to the Bronx we may be able to pool extra vouchers from those who are going.
5:00 pm Saturday - Meet me at The Delacorte Theater in Central Park. You MUST exchange your voucher for a real ticket. Again only two vouchers can be turned in by any 1 person.
Part II: Join me for dinner Saturday night from 5:30 pm -7:30 pm on the Upper East Side at Mary Ann’s Restaurant (1503 2nd Ave, @ 78th St) for margaritas and yummy tex-mex food.
After dinner those who were able to get Shakespeare tickets will all walk over to the theater together and we will say a sad goodbye to those who are unable to continue.
I know this whole ordeal seems crazy but it can work, IT WILL WORK with your help. If we can get some people to commit to making the trek up to the Bronx and all meeting on time at the theater to pick up tickets we will all have nice block of seats together. Otherwise it will be everyone fending for themselves.
I would love to see you for some or all of the evening!
Please RSVP ASAP so we can get the wheels turning on our grand scheme!
Love,
Alexis
2 comments:
Yes! I do remember. You were so little that you did not fill out the car seat, so we rolled up a fuzzy blanket and put that into the car seat with you-- note the fuzzy yellow roll that you are leaning on to your left. I made the little hat myself. You were so precious then and NOW! You can't believe you are 30 - think how we feel! Where in the world did all the time go? We love you so much and I wish I could go to the park with you. Have a delightful time. Mom
I checked back in the photo album and this picture was taken between July 30th and August 9th. You were about 5 1/2 weeks old. Notice the rubbery look of you legs. You were still straightening out from the tight bundle you were in the womb. You only filled 2/3 of the car seat. Gosh, that seems like an eternity ago. I'm tearing up just thinking about the days so long ago. At the time, the days seem to pass SO slowly with all the fatigue and tiredness but now they are just a blimp on the radar. And here you are today, a fabulous woman. Ahhhhhh.....
Post a Comment