Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Garden Update

The garden has been growing steadily and so far we have enjoyed lots of lettuce and a couple cucumbers but that has been about it. We usually don't get a bounty of tomatoes until August and I wouldn't expect pumpkins until fall but I have been really looking forward to the zucchini and squash I planted.

Sunday night Greg and I did a little weeding and propped some of the plants up when I noticed that the zucchini plant WAS making something. I found this monster zucchini below the branches. I put a pencil there to show you the scale. It seems the plant was putting all its eggs in one basket since this was the only one! I am hoping to chop it up for dinner tonight to see if it is as tasty as it looks! YUM!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see it as a potential star in an upcoming VeggieTales movie...what should we name this Zuccini? Zebadiah? Zachary? Zedekiah? Zebadee? Zephaniah? Zepho?

Anonymous said...

I went to the TriCities on Wednesday, July 19th to see Grandma and I got to see Bruce and Milya's garden. They have cukes growing like crazy. She planted beets, basil, parsley, dill, tomatoes, peppers, and probably other things I can't remember. I got to take a small bag of veggies home. I'm determined to eat salad twice a day. I making Dad help me to stay on this plan. Mom is doing well, but getting even MORE sedentary. She turned 81 on July 25th. I plan to go back a visit again in August and dad and I will go back at the end of September.