Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Scrapbook update

For those who have emailed me, I am not ignoring you. I had been preparing for an audit that occured today and that means I have been really busy at work. I will probably have a chance to reply tomorrow (I hope!). Here are the layouts I completed last weekend. I could have kept going but chose to go to the Hamptons instead. I was on a roll and you can probably tell why. Very simple layouts.
Here is a simple garden layout I did. Greg took lots of individual detail shots but not one shot of the entire garden that year. This sketch from BH worked great to include lots of photos. Again the yellow isn't so puke like in person. I used some paper from the July kit and some chipboard letters I cut and painted for the title.

It is Christmas again and I decided to do a one page layout of all the Christmas photos we received that year. Again just paper for this one, nothing fancy but I like it anyway. The other photos is the back of the layout where I pasted a key I made of who was in each photo for future reference.

And another Christmas layout showing our Christmas card, newsletter and Christmas photo from that year. Not much fancy here either. I did use some metal charm snowflakes, some ribbon, some brads, and more of those trusty little white stickers I am loving right now.

I doubt I will be doing any layouts this week but that is ok. I am 41 layouts toward my goal. When I told Greg he asked if that meant I would stop when I hit 52? What is he trying to tell me? I am REALLY excited to be just 11 layouts away from completing my goal. I have just been really happy with how scrapbooking has been fitting in nicely with my schedule this year.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way you are keeping and recording the Christmas pictures you have gotten from other people. It is a terrific way to store them and remember people. I can't tell you how many I've thrown away over the years because I just didn't have a way (that I was aware of) for keeping them. Ugh! Terrific Alexis!