Monday, July 24, 2006

A Lovely Weekend

I had intended to post on Friday but a tropical storm moved through our area on Friday morning (and during the day) and we lost power on the 5 train so I stayed home and worked a little on an audit I have coming up on Tuesday at work. I also deep cleaned my kitchen on Friday which was long overdue. I LOVE walking into the kitchen now and seeing it sparkle! If only it could stay that way forever.

This weekend I not only got 3 more layouts done (am now at 41!!!! layouts toward my goal) but we went to a fun going away party for a friend from church. One of the hazards of living in NYC is that people really come and go a lot so you will inevitably lose 1 or 2 friends a year. It is very sad but exciting at the same time to hear about what their future holds.

On Sunday we went with some other friends out to the Hamptons. Way out on the eastern tip of Long Island for you non-locals. It was overcast and sprinkled a little but we didn't mind. It was still plenty warm. We had lots of yummy food, stopped at a couple wineries, and spent some time on the beach. It was a fun but relaxed trip, just the way I like it. Plus, while out in Southampton Greg and I finally decided where to go on our trip next weekend. We are heading to Salem Mass. Home of the Salem witch trials! I know, not very romantic but at least it is a destination. We are planning our route and you can be sure we will find at least a couple strange attractions to visit on the way! We leave Thursday so I will only have 3 posts this week and then I am off blogger for 5 days. Sorry, I wish there was a way to auto post. Maybe I will figure out how to post via my phone. Supposedly it can be done!

0 comments: