Saturday, July 08, 2006

Scrapbook Update

My Mom had some problems at the airport and had to switch flights so I had a few extra hours to finish up the layout I was working on:
This layout features some stuff from the June kit. The patterned paper, the ribbon, the round tag in the lower corner (and the stamp), and photo anchors are all from the kit. I got the layout design idea for this from the Creating Keepsakes website. It was actually a sketch that was on the submission page for the December 06 issue. Since I finished the layout so quickly I decided to submit it to CK and sent it in this morning. We'll see if they want to publish it.

On another note my mom is here. We are having a good time even though I have been pretty sick so far.

Mom: Hi! I'm here, finally. I learned two things at the airport. 1) you can check in at the e-ticket kiosk even if you didn't use your own credit card to buy the ticket, you just need SOME piece of id with your name on it at the airport and 2) 45 minutes is NOT enough time to arrive at the airport before your flight is scheduled to leave. Good news is that I got to see the Great Salt Lake from the air -- very cool!! It is absolutely delightful to chat with Alexis and Greg in person. See ya.

Can you tell my mom is a teacher! She and I are doing craft stuff today while Greg is at school and then we will hit the big apple tonight for some fun activities. Mom, did bring the nice weather with her and we have had a drop in humidity and some lower temps which has been nice.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the big apple alexis' mom! :) Enjoy your stay here. And thanks for the nice weather! :)

Anonymous said...

Just make sure she's buffed, polished, and returned to original detination in good order. Miss her alot! And you guys, too! Pops