Sorry sorry! I have been such a bad blogger lately. My mom was in town and then I have had a nasty head cold and it has thrown off my schedule. Mom and I had a very nice visit and she arrived home safely yesterday. I probably won't see her again until Thanksgiving. Being away from the family has really been the only big problem we have by living here in NYC. It is just such a long and expensive trip to see our loved ones so we really enjoy the opportunities to reconnect when we can.
I woke up today and realized that summer is about half over! WHAT! How did that happen? All spring I kept telling myself that each problem that arose would be solved because "summer is almost here". I would have so much more time this summer. I would have so much more energy this summer. I would be better about exercising this summer. I will get caught up on things this summer. I will read that book this summer. I will grow lots of yummy stuff this summer. I will eat better this summer. Well summer is half over and none of that stuff has happened. I think Greg and I have been busier since summer started. The heat and humidity really zap my energy and motivation to do much of anything. Who was I kidding? I guess instead of addressing problems I was having, I just imagined that "summer" would fix them. It didn't and in some cases has made some things worse.
Well summer isn't over yet so I guess I need to take action. One thing Greg and I did was set a plan to take a mini vacation together. Our schedules did not ease up at all over the summer and we realized that if we didn't pick actual dates our loose plans to travel would never happen so we did it. We are taking a trip and the dates are set. Now, we don't actually have a destination planned yet but we have 2 weeks to figure it out. Probably some kind of car trip. We love hitting the road and there is so much to see in the Northeast. Any suggestions?
Our little garden is coming along and growing but we have no actual fruits of our labor yet. We were a little slow in getting started but I am hoping that there will be something to pick in the next few weeks. We do have some small lettuces that I will harvest this week for a salad but that is about it so far. I should probably get out and plant some more carrots, beets, and spinach since a lot of those seeds never germinated during our really rainy and cold early June.
Sorry if this post is a little pessimistic. It is a REALLY hot and muggy day and I have been battling a headache since this morning so I guess I am in one of those moods. I hope your summer is going well!
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment