Friday, February 09, 2007

Happy Blog-iversary

One year ago today I started this blog to help me keep in touch with my friends and family, especially those living far away. Mostly I started this blog because I knew a lot of bloggers who started blogs, advertised them to their friends and then promptly quit blogging after a few weeks. That always annoyed me as I checked each day hoping for an update so I wanted to prove that it could be done and that it wasn't so hard. At first I only told a couple people about it just in case I couldn't keep it up. Then I could bow out and hardly anyone would know.

Well, I learned that it is harder than it looks to come up with something to say everyday. Sometimes my life gets in the way and don't have time to post regularly. I hope I wasn't too annoying! I love that if I don't post for a few days I start to get little reminder emails from my fans (Mom and Alice)! This blog has really motivated me to document my life more and take lots more photos of everyday stuff which is great. It even motivates me to get off the couch and do SOMETHING so I will have more to write about. This blog has also been a great forum to share my scrapbooking and keep me on track with my goals. I was hoping to have a really exciting/wonderful post to share with you on my blog-iversary but this is what you get. Thanks to everyone who visits my blog. One secret that you may not know is that I am my biggest fan. I like to check my own blog several times during the day. A little narcissistic I know!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Blog-iversary!
Nice new colors. Pink & green, my faves.

Anonymous said...

congrats on one year, love the new colors & design!

Anonymous said...

woohoo new blog layout & colors! fancy shmancy! I looooove it!!! Aww, thanks for mentioning my name :) I have to say I LOVE reading your blog and always look forward to the new entry!! When I had to go back into the office last week and had no access to blog, it was not a happy camper day! happy blog-iversary and keep 'em coming sista!

Anonymous said...

Wow! the look is really new. Did you do that? I'm sure the graphics are yours. Cool! I LOVE reading you blog, and I'm hoping you are checking it since sometimes I post something to you after a couple of days. I love reading what others have posted. I'm hoping your second year will be as great as the first. HAPPY BLOG-IVERSARY!!! Love Mom

peh said...

Happy Blog-iversary! You are definitely quite the blogger, so committed, diligent and creative. Thanks for sharing your ideas...love them all!