First up is the living room. Things I will miss: The cute faux fireplace. The 13 foot high ceiling. The little steps. The massive amount of light. THE HARDWOOD FLOORS! This room has lots of charm and personality. Things I won't miss: The drafty windows. The front door that constantly popped open (it was hard to latch). The cords and phone lines running all over the ground because of the lack of outlets. Greg won't miss the metal shades we weren't allowed to remove.
Next up is our bedroom. It was originally the dining room and you can see that they built a fake wall out of cabinets to make it a room. Things I will miss: The ceiling fan. Uh.........that's it. Things I won't miss: The fake wall and crummy door. Being above the boiler room and always being too hot at night. The damaged molding from the previous tenants. The lack of a closet in the room. The fact that going to the bathroom in the middle of the night was a long way away around the fake wall. The desk (in the fake wall) that didn't fold down right. Keeping so much non-bedroom stuff in the bedroom.
I couldn't photograph the whole kitchen because we had already started packing and there was a mountain of junk piled on the table and floor on the other side of the room. Things I will miss: The amount of cabinet space. The separate stove and oven was nice. The cute decorative shelves by the sink. The sheer size of the room. Hook-ups for the washing machine. Things I won't miss: The pink counters (really WHO chooses pink counters!?!) The really poor lighting. Having only one outlet to use (there were 2 more far from counters). The old cabinets that "weep" sawdust and little pebbles constantly all over our dishes and pots. The sticky grease that covers everything in the room from the ancient range/gas combination. So there you go. We are still working on the old place. It was a great apartment for us for over 4 years and I think we will remember it fondly!
1 comments:
I agree, it was a great apartment. It had a real HOME feeling when I visited. You decorated it so charmingly. I will miss it, too. But I'm excited to see the NEW HOME! See you tonight!
Post a Comment