Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Christmas Decor Part 1

I love Christmas and Christmas decorations. I especially love my Christmas tree and its lights. As this is the first year we are celebrating Christmas in our new apartment I have been challenged to make all my Christmas decorations fit into the new space without having to buy a ton of new stuff.

First issue: Where to put the tree?
We had a few options but it is really important to me to be able to sit near the tree and its lights. We ended up putting the tree between the living room and dining room. As you can see it is too tall to fit IN the doorway so we moved it slightly into the dining room (there is less furniture in there and more room) but tucked it slightly into the corner (hard to tell from this angle). It is perfect. Plus it can be seen through the front windows from there. Here it is fully decorated and under the tree you can see a big green square. That is the album I made last year about the tree's ornaments.

Now for a couple smaller details:

My angel candlesticks, which are out all year got updated with red candles and moved onto the table where they are more visible. The little trees are from the Rafiki store at BSF headquarters. The other item is from Greg's parent's first Christmas as a married couple away from home. They sent it to us on our first Christmas. I need to find some new candles for it.

We set up our nativity on the sideboard. This year I put out a palm tree for fun (we have all kinds of weird "Bethlehem Village" things that were given to use but I like to stick with just the basics).

A couple horses from Greg's childhood are sitting in front of the TV. They used to sit on the ground in front of our old fireplace.

More tomorrow!

1 comments:

Diane Howard said...

I love the keepsake items. They make for great traditions in my book.