So what does Greg do in his spare time? Well not much since he has very little spare time these days between work and school. In the summer he is all about the garden but during the non-growing season his is fully engrossed in his music collecting. On any given weekend you will usually find him working on making a mix cd for someone or visiting the thrift store to look for $1 records. But for his new years resolution he decided to convert a great number of his old cassettes to CD. This has been a difficult project for him. Not only does he have a mountain of cassettes, but he truly loves cassettes as a medium for music and doesn't want to get rid of any of them or believe that CD is better. I think he realized that he needs to preserve some of them because the cassettes are getting pretty worn out but he also wants to free up some space in our bedroom where the cassettes currently reside. So a little at a time he has been converting them to CD.

It has brought me down memory lane for sure. These are just a few of the cassettes we found in the house that are mine. They are mostly mixed tapes Greg made for me when we were dating. I don't listen to them anymore because, well they're on tape! So we went through all my old stuff and figured out what was already on CD or vinyl elsewhere and burned some to CD and tossed others. This week I have been listening to some of those old mixes and it has brought back memories of cruising around town in my Nova with the music blasting singing along as I drive around the city or to and from Bellingham. Good times, good times!
Well, he has a long ways to go but I think he is having a lot of fun with it.
1 comments:
May I suggest not only preserving the old but try introducing some new. I've found Ashlee Simpson to be an unappreciated talent as well as the great Britney Spears. No kidding.
Post a Comment