





Well, my explosion book class went great! It rained all day Saturday which meant it was a good day to stay in and do crafts. 6 woman showed up for the class so we had plenty of room to work in Kelly's apartment. Everything went really smoothly but what do you expect from a room full of BSF leaders! They follow directions, I mean GUIDELINES, really well! Ha! I think the most challenging part was making the covers for the albums but all the ladies did a super job. I set it up so they could make a book exactly like the sample but several woman chose to do their own thing with the colored paper and embellishments and really made their books unique. It was great to see. The whole project took about 2 hours which worked out perfectly because a couple ladies had afternoon appointments to get to and I was worried they wouldn't finish.
Rachel Hocking said she was sure that her mom would cry when she opened it. To me that makes the whole thing worthwhile! It means that someone found it meaningful.
We had a great time and everyone kept thanking me but I felt like the one who should say thank you. I loved teaching the class and when you love doing something (like scrapbooking) it is a privilege to share it with people. Maybe someone will fall in love with paper crafts and I will have a new cropping buddy!
Next month Alice is going to teach us to crochet coasters! I can't wait!
And don't worry, I still completed my own layout over the weekend to keep on track with my scrapbooking goal. More about that tomorrow.
4 comments:
I wish I could have been there! It looks like it was a lot of fun.
Hello AC!!!
that craft club was soooooooo much fun! thanks so much for teaching us how to make those lovely books! You're such a great teacher! SOOOO ORGANIZED!!! I have always loved scrapbook stuff and had it in my mind to start it "one day" and now you have got me hooked on it! Thanks to the 5 coupons I inherited from good samaritans at Michaels on Sunday, I bought the big and bulky items to start chopping away! I got all the stuff I need to make a mini-book for my cousin! I can't wait!
"Your new cropping buddy", Alice
Alice and I are going paper shopping, I may have a new convert!
Yay, paper shopping! I'm so excited! I've been wanting to get into paper crafts for a while and what better person to help me than the scrapbooker herself! THX! Who knows...maybe I'll have a new convert to crochet next month! :)
Post a Comment