Well I had to post this picture of my parents taken last weekend in the Tri-Cities. They are just the cutest couple! I love you guys and miss seeing you all the time!It has finally warmed up here in NYC. I think spring is officially here. We have had several warm days in a row (in the 70s yesterday) and I am confident that my heavy coat will stay in the closet for good. I am hoping that this weather holds for the weekend so I can get out in the garden.
There is no BSF this weekend because of the Easter holdiday so I am planning on making Saturday my garden day. We'll see how it goes. No matter what I am going to get those darn seeds planted if it kills me!
On the Martha Show (airing right now) she told us how to clean our stainless steal cookware using a product called Barkeepers Friend. I found a can of it at Kmart last night and took it home to use on my pots. These pots are so stained they are black on the bottom (I think from using too high of heat on our gas range). Pretty bad! Well this stuff really works! I have gotten the worst pot about 90% clean on the outside (the inside is brilliant again) and one of my smaller pots is back to looking new. I didn't think it was possible. I would check this stuff out if you have stained/charred cookwear. For copper cookwear she recommended squirting ketchup on it, let it sit then rub off. I have also heard of using salt and half a lemon. I don't have copper cookwear but if I did I would give it a try. Also another funny thing I remembered about our visit to the show. Martha likes Eminem! They played his album during the commercial breaks!
Well, it is Good Friday and I am heading to church at 5pm for service and then possibly out to dinner with my dear husband (who I never see anymore). I hope that you all have a wonderful Easter Holiday as we celebrate the death and resurrection of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
3 comments:
Thanks for the compliment. We think you are pretty darn cute too! Pete White had told me about Barkeepers Friend when we were redoing our kitchen, but I never got any. But now I will. I didn't know you had gone to a taping of the Martha show. Tell me all the details! Love you, Mom
Oops, here I go and did it again. I was a day or two behind on your blog and did not know that the next one would tell about the Martha show. Sorry, well I'm going to keep on reading. Mom
I'm so glad to hear that your pots are sparkling clean with Barkeeper's Friend. Here's another tidbit about cleaning pots... When a pot is discolored from cooking with high heat (rainbows of blues & spotting), boil some water with a splash of lemon juice. Afterwards, pour out the water and rinse. This removes the discoloration and I use this trick often (in fact, last night!). I used to rub the areas with lemon wedges but that does not work.
Post a Comment