27 years ago my little sister was born. I thought it was great but hey, I got a Hippity Hop out of the deal! Apparently I loved to pick Rachel up and carry her around until one day she was old enough to hit me and let me know she didn't appreciate that! I have tons of fond childhood memories of playing dress-ups together ,riding around grandma's house on the Big Wheels and so many others.As kids and teens Rachel had always marched to beat of her own drummer and it seemed we had nothing in common and as such we fought a lot and didn't get along as well as sisters should.
I guess some times you just need to grow up in order to appreciate people (I know that is true of parents!) and as an adult I have come to appreciate and love the unique and beautiful woman that Rachel has become. We have never looked that much alike (which is why I was able to convince her as a child that she was adopted) but I realize now we have so much in common. We are both creative and love making things. We have the same weird sarcastic sense of humor. We are both equally as stubborn (though we show it differently). We have the same childhood memories and experiences. And it is strange but when I hear my voice recorded and played back to me I don't hear my voice, I hear hers. Now if only we had the same metabolism, I would be so much happier! She is the only sister I will ever have. Why is it when my mom would say that I thought it was no big deal. It is a big deal, it's huge!
Sister-I love you and I hope you have a wonderful birthday!
Love,
Alexis
2 comments:
You also got a doll out of it too, but Rachel ended up playing with it more because Sarah gave you "Sarah" and that crowded out the other doll. I think we still have both of them. I know you still have Sarah under the bed. Bet that'll sound wierd to anyone else reading this...
I remember Baby Beth. She was no comparison to Baby Sara but I am sure I still didn't want Rachel to get her!
Post a Comment