Well yesterday I spent my precious time writing an entry about the garden and my plans for the weekend and when I went to post it Blogger hiccuped and lost my post. Argh!!! So here it goes again.....
I was walking home for work the other day and I notice that several of our neighbors down the block have already tilled their soil and have it prepped for planting! I thought I had all the time in the world (perhaps because it snowed 2 days ago!) but apparently I am behind. I had decided that I would go out and weed last night for 15 minutes but by the time I got home it was just about dark and Greg called to say he was on his way home from school so I opted to get dinner started instead. I would give it another try tonight but I really need to prepare for my scrapbook class tomorrow, SO it will have to wait for the weekend.
I did bring home some trays from work to put in the greenhouse. The ones from last year practically melted. It gets pretty darn hot in there once summer officially starts and they couldn't take the heat. These are a little heavier duty and should hold up better. So my plan for the weekend is to:
1. Buy soil at home depot and price wood and compost.
2. Make the paper seed pots. (we have a paper seed pot maker. They are nice because they can go right into the ground and they biodegrade)
3. Spend a few hours cleaning up the garden beds.
We will see how this goes. I am still a little concerned that even in the greenhouse it isn't warm enough to germinate a lot of the seeds. Some require 75-80 degrees to germinate. I may need to start those in the house where it is at least 70 most of the time. I may have to put a thermometer in the greenhouse and see what the temps are during the day and night.
That is my plan and I will let you know how it goes.
Scrapbook: I have my class tomorrow at 10am. I am all done with my BSF preparations so I can focus this evening on getting my bag packed and getting the last minute things done. I was going to buy little boxes for the books to be packaged in when they are finished but I couldn't find the size I wanted and the one's I did find were almost $1 each. So I came up with another idea of putting them in glassine bags with a little sizzle and tying a pink bow. It is pretty cute (and cheap) and will work very nicely. I just hope the ladies have a good time!
Friday, April 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
how did the class go? i'm very curious! also, the blog about Rachel is glorious - what a good way to bless your sister with your words.
i love you!
p.s. did i tell you i'm going to baylor for sure? :) love, tiff
Post a Comment