Friday, April 21, 2006

Weekend Update

Well I have been a bad blogger this week with few photos and no real information. I got off on a bad foot at the start of the week. I have been feeling very overwhelmed by my life lately. So many things to get done but when I am home I feel too rundown to do anything but sit on the couch. Yesterday after work I vacuumed the apartment and made dinner which that felt like a major victory. Partly I think this is do to poor quality sleep so Greg and I have been working this week on making sleep time more successful for me by sticking to a set bed time, trying to get up at a better time, and doing things like keeping the room cooler and stuff like that. It has been working pretty well so far. I had been having a really hard time falling asleep the 2 weeks prior to this but since we have been making an effort this week I have been falling asleep quickly. Now I am working on staying asleep. I have issues with waking up in the night because I am too hot, my arms are asleep, etc. That has gotten better this week too.

This weekend I was planning to garden (am I sounding like a broken record yet?) but it is supposed to rain all day Saturday unfortunately. That means my plan is changing to include my weekly layout, getting my mother's day suprises packaged and ready for the mail, and reorganizing my scrapbook space to accommodate some new paper trays I bought and received this week. I also bought the stuff to make a tofu cheesecake so I may do a little baking too. I actually have to come into work on Sunday to help with a really big experiment in the lab. They need as many extra hands as possible. I don't really want to but I didn't have a real reason to say no since I go to church at night. I also have to help with the same experiment all day Monday. I usually spend my lunch on Monday preparing my bible lesson for BSF so that means I have to be 100% ready by Sunday night. So I will add that to my weekend goals.

Speaking of baking, the weather has been gorgeous here. We made it into the 80s this week and it has been glorious because the humidity hasn't set in. I wish all of summer would be like this week! What does that have to do with baking? Well, now that spring is officially here it means we won't be able to use our oven much longer (we NEVER use it in the summer) so when I did my meal plans for this week and next Greg and I dug some of our favorite oven recipes to enjoy one last time. Last night was an enchilada casserole and tonight Thai seitan curry in filo dough (my favorite). This weekend we will have our last homemade pizzas and next week we will finish up with a pasta based casserole. Plus the cheesecake! Maybe I should bake some cookies and freeze them for Greg. Hmmm. I love meals from the oven, I will miss them over the summer!

I hope you all have a great weekend and I will be a better blogger next week!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the oven cooked stuff too, but if you can't get it out of a can, I don't get it. Remember that? Pops