The little plants in the greenhouse are growing like crazy and it is about time to get them into the ground. Greg and I spent a couple good hours in the garden last Sunday and got it looking more like this:
Several beds are clear and ready and we even got the aisles weeded thanks to the scuttle hoe we found in the shed. Right now we are concentrating on one side (the sunny side) in hopes that we can get it planted this weekend (if I don't have to work that is). It still could use a ton of work but honesty last weekend I almost just gave up on the whole idea of a garden. We have just been so busy and gardens take a lot of care and daily commitment and I was really doubting our ability to do that. But Greg reminded me that there is more work up front than there is maintenance to do so we plowed ahead. I will be happy once it is all planted and things start growing. Speaking of which I need to find some good pickle recipes. Not the canning kind necessarily. I guess more like fast pickles that you keep in the refrigerator. We buy some like that at our grocery store. If you have a recipe please share.I am in jury duty right now so Greg is posting this for me. Thanks Honey! Everyone have a great weekend!
0 comments:
Post a Comment