Monday, May 22, 2006

Wonderful Weekend

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend too! Greg and I had a very nice day out of the house and away from the regular grind on Saturday. We hit our favorite thrift store on LI called Northern Thrift. We found lots of great things for Greg to add to his wardrobe. This is the only time I get to buy him clothes (at the thrift store) so I had a great time and found a few things for myself as well. We had a nice low key lunch, drove around and stopped at some garage sales and then ended up at this public beach in Oyster Bay (above) for a little stroll and people watching. Then we headed home (to beat the rain, argh!) for homemade pizzas and a DVD. It was a wonderful and relaxing day. The way a Saturday should be. I think it really helped us to reconnect and feel refreshed for another busy week.

On Sunday Greg studied like a madman (and is taking the final right now as I type this) and I scrapbooked 3 layouts. I will post those tomorrow. We also made a trip to Home Depot to buy some compost but ended up buying lumber to make a raised bed in the garden (remember that goal of mine). Of course when we got back to the house it started pouring again so that project is on hold. This weather is starting to annoy me. I hate it when our entire spring is spoiled by rain. Well then we were off to church and it was our night to usher which went really well.

Today I am back on jury duty but the case is really moving along now and was sort of interesting today.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two are SO cute! Is that Oyster Bay where we went? It sounded kind of familiar. The rain situation sounds like here. Hey if it's going to rain on you all the time, you might as well live here (Ha ha, or hint, hint?) Love you both and miss you terribly. Mom