The kit contained everything you see above. Patterned paper form SEI, some cardstock, some chipboard flowers and letters, a package of rub-ons, a foam stamp, some spotted bookplates, ribbon, a ton of sequins and rhinestones, and an array of fabric/paper/plastic/charm flowers. My first layout was this one. It was pretty quick and easy and is the title page for the album. I used:
- A sheet of patterned paper.
- The piece of scalloped cardstock
- Chipboard letters
- All the rub-on words
- 2 paper flowers
- separate rub-ons from my stash for the dates.
I especially love the way this one turned out.
Next was this layout of a music festival. I used another sheet of patterned paper, some photo corners, more chipboard letters, some glittered dots and I covered the chipboard flower with some more paper for the title, and finished with the red filigree rub-on over the top photo. I was also very pleased with this layout which was much busier than my standard stuff.
Lastly was this one. It is a layout of all the Misc events from the year that don't have enough photos to dedicate a whole layout to individually. I used the rest of the rub-ons, lots of patterned paper, photo corners, chipboard letters, cardstock, and ribbon. Sorry, the close-ups on this one didn't turn out.This kit was really well coordinated. I may even be able to use some of the paper for that lone Christmas layout I still need to do. It was fun to challenge myself to use the kit for these layouts. Both of the kits I have now received came with a lot of sequins. I need to figure out a good way to use them. I can never think of anything when I look at them. I guess they don't inspire me. Maybe they would be better for card making.
This brought me up to 30 layouts toward my goal and I am just one layout away from finishing this album. Yippie!

3 comments:
tell me again about the scrapbook club? how much was it? do you get that much stuff monthly? it looks really neat - i loved your "3-yr" cover layout!!
Love, Tiff
Tiff- The club sends me a kit once a month for 3 months (you have to renew every 3 months). I have to take the kit, I can't skip a month if I don't like it. The cost is $30 plus shipping (~$2.60). They also have an optional add on kit that highlights a specific project but so far I havn't been that interested in them. What you see is pretty much what I have gotten for the last 2 months quantity wise. I am sure if you bought most of it individually at a scrapbook store you could get it for less money. They point is to get perfectly coordinated items not cheaper items. I don't have a scrapbook store in my area so it is nice for me. Plus you can get a few paper flowers lets say without buying an entire package and then trying to use them all. So far I have been very happy with what I have gotten.
Alexis
I love the look, this is the stuff I am collecting at the scrapbook stores right now. I decided to do a certain set of cards for the recess moms and of course now that I need more of the papers, the Scrapbook Nook is out of that line, I'm off to Issaquah to see if the Madscrapper has the line in still. If not then off to Bothel tomorrow. I HAVE to get it because I have all the embellishments that go with it and the post-it notes and refrigerator magnets I bought for them coordinate with that line of papers. Ugh! Usually I over buy and wouldn't you know the one time I don't.... Love you,
Post a Comment