Thursday was a really long hard day in court so I decided not to go to work that evening and instead came home to rest. But when I got home there were so many things that needed to be done I couldn't sit down and veg out. Last weekend be bought lumber to make a raised garden bed and had even had the boards cut to length at the store so I decided I was going to put it together while Greg was at school. I got out the drill and went to work. I knew I could build it if I put my mind to it (my mom was a great example of that). After I finished building it in the driveway I went into the garden and dug out the bed to make a place for it. Then I went crazy and pulled the ivy off the fences and weeded a bit. When Greg got home he offered to help carry the box into the garden. It was 4' wide, 11' long, and 10" tall. It was too heavy for me to carry alone. Well when we got it into the garden, this is what we found.....
Yep, it is about 5 inches too long! I guess the old adage "measure twice, cut once" isn't just a cute saying. Greg says that when I had him help me measure the bed he didn't realize at the time that we would buy wood that day (in his defense I did kind of spring that on him AT the hardware store) and that he didn't realize he should be really careful about reading the tape. He says he may have rounded down. All is not lost. We will trim it down and fix it this weekend but I just thought it was funny. I guess I haven't earned a pink toolbelt yet!We have no special plans for the holiday weekend. We hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day!
1 comments:
In my case it's measure 3 or 4 times, cut and it's still wrong. I can do so many things well but that just isn't one of them. Love you.
Post a Comment