Monday, May 15, 2006

Happy Mother's Day


I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day if you are a Mother and for those of us who aren't I hope you had a nice day honoring your moms. The photo at the left is a picture of the gift I sent my awesome mom for Mother's Day. It is actually a mixed media colleague made by Claudine Hellmuth. She is an artist in Florida who makes these "Poppet Sketches". If you send her photos of your loved ones she will make them into a custom college like this one. I love the way it turned out and my mom apparently loves it too. Take a look at her site or her blog if you get a chance. She was great to work with and it was so cool checking her blog and one day seeing our picture posted!

Greg's mom loved her gift too. Remember that I sent her the mini explosion book that I made for the craft club class. She has never received a handmade scrapbook type gift from me yet so I wasn't sure how it would be received. She cried when she thanked me.

We wish we could have been in Seattle to really treat our moms on their special day but we settled for some nice Mother's Day phone chats.

Here are some fun Mothering quotes that I found:

Mothers of teenagers know why animals eat their young -Unknown

I want my children to have all the things I can't afford. Then I want to move in with them-Phyllis Diller

There's a lot more to being a woman than being a mother, but there's a hell of a lot more to being a mother than most people suspect. - Rosanne Barr

A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after. -Peter De Vries

It kills you to see them grow up but it would kill you faster if they didn't. -Barbara Kingsover

Happy Mother's Day! I love you Mom!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do love the collage! Mom