Thursday, May 18, 2006
Jury Duty Update
I am still here and still loving Jury Duty. At least our trial started yesterday. After 5 hours of sitting around we went into the court room for 30 minutes of opening remarks. Totally worth the 5 hours ofwaiting! Today is a little better. We only waited 2 hours to get into the courtroom and then we heard 20 minutes of testimony before being excused for lunch. I can't get over how slow things move here.Today and tomorrow are going to be really busy days for me. We have an NIH grant due tomorrow at work so I have been going into work every evening after Jury Duty to work on it. Tomorrow I have to go inBEFORE jury duty to get the thing finished and mailed off. I love commuting 3 hours in a day instead of 2. Greg won baseball tickets to a Yankees game today but had to give them away because we are both too busy. The sad thing is that I can SEE the stadium and the game from the jury waiting room. Talk about rubbing it in!The last 2 weeks have been extremely stressful for us both. With Greg in school we have been operating under a pretty high level of busy-ness and stress but with me essentially working 2 jobs right now(juror by day, lab manager by night) the stress has really been getting to me. Yesterday I almost yelled at the court officer because she was trying to force me to get on an elevator before I was ready. After the 5 hours of waiting I was not in the mood to be told what to do. I am sure she couldn't figure out what happened to the nice, sweet, perfect, juror they had interviewed previously and who this new crabby/weepy woman was (I cry more when I am stressed, yippee).Today I have put on my happy face and have prayed for stamina and patience so things are going a little better. I have just resolved to do what I can and not sweat the rest. I love jury duty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment