Over the weekend Greg and I attended a birthday party for my dear friend and co-worker Suzan Runko. We had fun chatting with everyone despite the chilly conditions (it was an outdoor party that eventually became an indoor party. I love spring but the nights are still pretty darn cold).
Before leaving for Suzan's party I got the grand idea of making her a birthday hat and button. My first attempt at making a birthday hat went so well I had to take photos. And of course I don't have a button machine (though with all the other useless tools I have I am really surprised I don't have one) so I made a birthday badge instead! Some level of humiliation is always required at an adult birthday party, don't you think!
I started by making a cone out of cardstock for the base and then covered it with cute wrapping paper. I used some ribbon tied with craft wire for the plumb at the top (poked the wire through the top of the cone and taped it inside to secure). Set some eyelets in the sides and completed the hat with some thin elastic (used for making bead bracelets) threaded through the eyelets and tied off. It was big hit and drew lots of attention!
I will surely keep this idea in case I am ever in need of hats for a child's birthday party. It was very quick and easy to make.
0 comments:
Post a Comment