Perhaps no one will be interested in this but I wanted to produce proof that the garden is a complete disaster!
I sent Greg out to capture the mess this last weekend. As you can see everything is completely overgrown with weeds. Even the pathways which have that magic weed repelling black fabric on them are covered in weeds!
Greg pulled out the last of the tomatoe plants because they had stopped producing anything but a few rotten tomatoes. The next photo shows our last surviving plant. It is a vine which is amost completely covered in weeds now but there is one small yellow squash growing on it which you can almost see if you look closely.
There is going to be a neighborhood leaf collection pretty soon. I think we should try and sneak our weeds into the pick-up since we don't have any leaf producing trees. Do you think they would notice?
2 comments:
Sad, sad, sad. But an opportunity to begin planning for next year. I wonder if an investment in some type of greenhouse would be advantageous? I know -- you don't know how long you'll be there in that apartment...
Oh bummer! If only those rotten tomatoes knew how much TLC went into them, they'd grow better and wouldn't be so rotten!
Post a Comment