Sorry sorry sorry! I didn't work Monday, then Tuesday was BSF night so I was pretty busy with work and preparation for class and there is little time to post. I was going to post yesterday but ended up leaving work early because of a migraine.
As I mentioned I had a 3 day weekend and it was fabulous. The lecture by Lauren Winner was great. Most of what she talked about was right out of the book (which was the whole point I suppose) so there wasn't really much new information but it was a great lecture and discussion none the less. Lauren was a lot like I expected. Very much an english doctoral student! She kept using words I didn't know! Ha! Her main topics were: lies (she used the word tropes!) the church tells about sex (this was the bulk of the talk), and singleness. One interesting thing she mentioned about the importance of singleness is that while marriage is a picture of Christ's relationship to the church and useful for teaching us about covenant relationships, singleness is a picture of our relationships in the afterlife where we won't be married or in families but will all be brothers and sisters in Christ. We need singleness to teach/point to that dynamic and in that way it is valuable to society. I had never thought of it that way before. Anyway, I got my book signed and thanked her for writing it and all the others as well. I never know what to say at a book signing. There was a whole line of people waiting behind me (pressure) and I didn't have a specific question to ask so I just said "blah blah blah you are awesome blah blah blah". Kind of lame I know. If anyone in the NYC area is interested in the book let me know and I will lend it to you.
Lunch with John and Aimee on Sunday was nice and refreshing. The difference between the lecture (where I sat and made small talk with strangers) and the lunch with old friends was staggering. It was so nice to just sit and talk with people who know you really well. We made pizzas for lunch which is a fun way to eat as a group. We provided lots of toppings and just let everyone build their own pizza. I did buy real mozzarella for our guests and boy did Greg jump right in and eat it too. He does still eat cheese just not usually at home.
Monday I just relaxed and did some odd jobs around the house. I scrapbooked my 52nd layout and did 80% of my 53rd layout and took a nice long nap. It was a glorious day of much needed rest!
I want to post about my 52nd layout but Greg has the jumpdrive in his school bag right now and I keep forgetting to load the photos onto my ipod. Perhaps tonight I will have some time to get it together.
One last thing. The Paula Abdul workout was terrible. I sent it back the next day. It was just far to advanced. What she called "step 1" was a 16 count dance sequence done in hyperspeed. She had 12 "steps" total! I suppose if you paused and studied it and worked hard to memorize the extremely complicated routine it would be fun (in a totally 80s dance video kind of way) but I don't have the time or patience. I can barely get up the desire to work out so I need videos I can easily do. Just my 2 cents!
Thursday, October 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love you!
LOVE reading your blog and all your "2 cents" which adds up to dollars by now! :) glad you had a restful and fun weekend. "Long" weekends are never long enough!
Post a Comment