Monday, October 16, 2006

Weekend Fun


I have had a migraine headache since Sunday at about 7pm (which is why I didn't call mom!) but otherwise I had a very nice weekend.

Greg convinced me to go to a concert on Saturday. It was a Rose Melburg show in SoHo. So I put on my best indie rock outfit and we headed out to the show. We ended up getting there really early and found parking really easily so to kill time we walked around the neighborhood. We went into Babycakes Bakery for some Vegan Cupcakes (they also do gluten free if you are looking for a replacement for Yum Yum Yum bakery!) which were very tasty. Then we walked over to Teany and enjoyed a pot of tea and good conversation. Teany is a tea house owned and run by Moby the musician. I have seen it advertised in magazines and even on TV a few times and have always wanted to check it out. I kind of wished I hadn't stuffed myself with vegan cupcakes because Teany had a whole menu of luscious vegan desserts including pumpkin cheesecake which I love. I guess I will have to go again for lunch or dinner and tea!
The show was fun and very low key. We met up with friends at the Cakeshop (the name of the venue), grabbed a comfy seat, and enjoyed the music.

On the way home there was an incident involving Greg and pee pee but I will spare him the embarrassment. Just know that I now have really juicy blackmail material!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to leave this message the other day but the verification word was in a box that I couldn't get opened. I was wondering about the marks on the wrists. By the way how was the music?

Alexis Cruikshank said...

Mom, when you go to a show at a club they stamp your wrist so you can go in and out and show you paid. Instead of a ticket stub! The music was great, very mellow which is Rose's style. -alexis