The other day I was in the drug store late at night with Greg picking up a notebook for his first day of class this semester. The 24 hour RiteAid was the only place open that had notebooks. Believe it or not despite all my thousands of pounds of paper and supplies in my scrapbook area I had no lined paper he could take to class. Anyway, I was looking around and stumbled into the Valentine's aisle and saw all the boxes of cute Valentine's for kids. It got me thinking about those days in grade school when we would make some kind of "mailbox" and everyone would bring in their little paper valentine's to pass around. So I bought a box of Bratz valentine's (so appropriate for the Bronx).
Today I brought in my little valentine's for my co-workers and handed them out along with a couple roses for each person (WholeFoods had really nice roses for very little money). I also picked up some cupcakes and decorated the lunch room with hearts and a sign on the white board. It was really fun to do. (PS- the tiny photo in the middle is of the temporary tattoos that came with the Bratz Valentine's. Suzan modeled it for me!). Everyone needs a little love now and then, especially at work on a cold and snowy day in February!
Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!
2 comments:
you are ONE LOVELY PERSON!!! I already knew that but this note really got to me! :) How sweet of you to treat your co-workers so nicely! I wish I worked in your lab! Happy valentine's day, dear friend!
You should have seen the sugar fest we had in my classroom. Unfortunately, the only time available for our party was just before lunch time (11:40 am). The kids were higher than kites by the end of the day. Whew! I'm hoping for a calmer day tomorrow. In my class, the big treat favorite was fun dip (you know, colored sugar!!). Love you sweetie and HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! Love mom
Post a Comment