Last weekend I attended Craft Club on Saturday. We had a baby shower for a friend who moved to CA but was in town for a visit and just a couple months from her due date. There was a lot of visiting and very little knitting done. I did decide to start the bunny hat but it is a little on the small side so I think I need to frog it and start over. On the way home Greg picked me up at the train and we stopped in at the Orchid Show at the New York Botanical Garden. Sadly I had the camera in my bag and then forgot to bring it in to the garden so I don't have a single photo of an orchid to share. The show runs until April and Greg and I are now members of the Botanical Garden so we will probably go again before it is over. The flowers were REALLY pretty, the crowds were not. It was opening day (members only!) so there were a lot of people. After we got home I took a long nap on Saturday and watched movies with Greg in the evening.
Sunday I spent most of the day working and then in the evening we attended an Oscar party with some folks from work. I thought the Oscars were fairly entertaining this year. There was a little wagering going on to see who could predict the most correct awards but I didn't win this year. Sunday night during the Oscars we had a bit of snow storm. It wasn't too bad to drive in and in the morning we woke to find the snow wasn't so deep and it was already melting. They had predicted 7-8 inches total but we only ended up with 3 or so. You know, in the Old Testament when prophesy didn't come true the prophets were killed. Weathermen should be glad we don't hold them to that same standard!
2 comments:
What movies did you watch? Anything good? Love you
so glad you came to the craft club :) love the baby hat pattern...oh, don't get me started on weathermen and their accuracy, or lack thereof. I think it's the only job that mistakes are allowed and oh well, blame the unpredictable weather. I couldn't get away with that much error on my job. (sorry no offense to any weathermen/weatherwomen out there... i have strong opinions :)
Post a Comment